Questions To Ask Your Band Before Booking
Key information to understand:
- Their style
- If they emcee and make announcements + what is their style
- Number of hours of service + charge for overtime
- Requirement for breaks
- Stage requirements
- Greenroom requirements
- Meal and alcohol requirements
- Ability to provide music / amp / mics for ceremony and cocktail hour
- Do they provide a lapel mic for the officiant?
- Do they provide a handheld/wireless mic for toasts?
- Do they provide a mic stand and mic for readers or soloists?
- If they have back-up equipment in case any fails
- If they have lighting options
Additional questions to ask:
- How do you motivate the crowd if they aren’t dancing?
- What is your back up plan if band members get sick or have an emergency?
- Will we meet again before the wedding?
- Can we visit you at a performance?
- How involved can we be in selecting the music for our day?
- When do we need to finalize those selections?
- Do you take requests from guests?
- Can we submit a “do not play” list?
- What will you wear?
- Do you play recorded music during breaks?
- Do you set up a sign or banner with your table?
- Are you able to learn songs, and is there a cost?
- Are my VIP songs (first dance, father/daughter dance, mother/son dance) in your current repertoire? If not, can you play them recorded?
Welcome to the KP blog! My name is Kendal and I’m so happy you’re here. It’s been my dream for quite some time to own a wedding planning company and now the time has finally arrived! I am certain that this will be the best journey in life and I’m so excited to finally show you what we’ve been working on for the past few months! Take a look around, love. I can’t wait to meet you!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
How To Create a Stress Free Wedding Guest List
Hey ladies! We know in the midst of all of the planning and festivities, there is always several tasks that need to be dealt with before the big day. One of the most stressful and off-putting tasks is the dreaded guest list that leaves you with questions like, “Who...
How To Plan For Rain
Hi friends!! Today I wanted to chat with you about something we actually don’t ever want to talk about, but really need to, which is how to plan for your wedding day rain plan. Here in Alabama you really never know what’s going to happen. If you chose an all outdoor...